No Site Maintenance? Ok, but please understand….
Responsive Sites and Updates…
By now you’ve likely heard about and, hopefully, moved your website to be a responsive website … IF it wasn’t created that way already that is. A responsive site is one who’s elements adjust and re-arrange depending on the size of the screen it is viewed on. Way back in the ‘olden days’ of web design, a website required two unique builds in order to function properly on mobile devices and desktop screens. With responsive design this is no longer the case. (Don’t worry, if you have had your website built with us in the last 3 or so years… you’re set).
With that all said, we must be sure to regularly look at our own websites to ensure that technology updates and changes do not affect the sites we have in place. Anyone who owns a cell phone, computer or and computer-driven device is aware that updates happen on a regular basis. Logically, this can affect our websites and how they appear. Here is a quick and easy checklist of services or servicing that you should be having done on/with your site in order to keep it running as it should:
- Core file updates (done every 6 months min.)
- Plugin updates
- Theme updates
- Full site backups (just in case so that the backup can be re-installed should your site ever go down)
- Content updates (this helps your search rankings – blogs are great for this)
- Consider new technology and how your site looks and operates compared to your competitors
- As a rule of thumb clients should expect and plan for major website updates and/or rebuild every 2-3 years minimum…. 4-5 year maximum. This will help to ensure that your website is displaying as expected and help keep you up to the ever advancing technology.. that just simply keeps advancing and if you want to stay current and relevant… change is inevitable.
The good news is that, as a client of The Image Stop ltd, we give current clients discounts on future renderings of their websites simply because we value our relationships. We also have website maintenance packages that help to ensure your website is operating as it should!
Not sure if your website is responsive? Try out this Responsive Recognition link and check it out to be sure.
Owner and Creative Director | The Image Stop ltd.
Greg has been in marketing and advertising for over 30 years, 23 of the last years as owner of The Image Stop ltd. His background and schooling in this area coupled with his studies in human psychology have created repeated successes for both his company and clients alike. For fun Greg practices and performs as a magician/impersonator and mentalist.
Mailing Address: 47 Cedarbrook Close SW Calgary, Alberta T2W 5B8